Sports and Adventure Camp for a Weekend Getaway
There may be a giant water trampoline floating on a mountain lake, rows of rustic log cabins, grills sizzling on the beach, and volleyball and tennis courts, but Club Getaway is no kids’ summer camp. Although there are distinct similarities to summer camp, including daily sports, hikes, and nightly campfires with s’mores, Club Getaway is a camp for adults, combining cabins nestled in a 300-acre setting overlooking a lake in the Berkshire Mountains with grown-up activities such as wine and beer tastings, zip lining, and late-night dance parties. Club Getaway packages include all meals, lodging, and unlimited activities and lessons during two- or three-night weekend stays throughout the summer.
A day at Club Getaway lets you choose from an array of outdoor pursuits, from volleyball to trapeze lessons to waterskiing and paddleboarding. While some enjoy rock climbing and biking through the mountains, others simply like to relax with a book or take a stroll around the lake. Chefs from the Connecticut Culinary Institute serve up hot and cold breakfast buffets and alfresco lunchtime barbecues. Afterwards, culinary professionals teach guests how to cook a tasty dish during cooking classes, then lead wine tastings that delve into what pairs with certain entrees. Dinners are served family style at tables of eight with unlimited wine, followed by live entertainment and dancing.
At night, The Boathouse Club morphs into a full-fledged nightclub, with DJs spinning tunes till the morning. Outside, late-night campfires provide a social wind-down, complete with guitar music, s’mores, and a keg. When it’s time for bed, air-conditioned cabins house up to four guests on twin-size beds.
What You Get
Two- or three-night weekend stay for one
- $329 for August Classic weekend, August 17–19
- $399 for Labor Day weekend, August 31–September 3
- $229 for September Sports & Adventure weekend, September 14–16
- $299 for Fall Finale weekend, September 28–30
Included in all options:
- Stay in an air-conditioned lakeside cabin
- All meals and activities
- One drink voucher
- T-shirt, sweatshirt, eco bottle, and drawstring bag
- Triple-occupancy fee
- 300-acre property in the Berkshires
- Water and land sports, ziplining, rock climbing, biking, and hiking
- Cooking, wine-tasting, and crafts classes
- Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, kickboxing, and other fitness classes
- Nightly entertainment