An eight-time Grammy winner with 51 gold albums to her name, Barbra Streisand has assembled a multitudinous discography over the past five decades. After recording such a wealth of material, the songstress was left with shelves of smashed guitars and unreleased tracks, 11 of which have been included on Release Me. Along with unreleased tracks from A Star is Born and Hallelujah, Baby!, listeners can also enjoy a version of “I Think It’s Gonna Rain Today” featuring Randy Newman on keyboards. On the included DVD, Barbra shares the stage with luminaries such as Tony Bennett, Stevie Wonder, and Faith Hill as she sings classics such as “Memory” and “Somewhere.” All DVD proceeds benefit MusiCares, an organization dedicated to musicians in financial, medical, and personal need.
- Collection of 11 unreleased tracks from albums such as A Star is Born and Hallelujah, Baby!
- Bonus DVD includes 13-song live performance; Barbra duets with the likes of Diana Krall and Stevie Wonder
- Proceeds from DVD benefit MusiCares, an organization devoted to helping musicians in need
- $12 for Barbra Streisand’s Release Me on CD ($11.98 list price) and A MusiCares Tribute to Barbra Streisand on DVD ($16.98 list price; $28.96 total value)
- An additional $3 shipping fee will be charged at checkout.